Interview With Mr Market


by THE GRAHAM INVESTOR on OCTOBER 3, 2011


Exclusive! The Graham Investor has staged an amazing interview with Mr Market. Never before has anyone managed to interview this elusive fellow. The interview gives us a new insight into what goes on in the mind of one of the most enigmatic figures of history. Still going strong, and still beguiling investors, traders, and journalists, Mr Market pulls no punches in this amazing interview.

TGI: Thank you for agreeing to this interview. Benjamin Graham once attempted to explain your behavior in a nutshell, suggesting that you came along each day and set a ridiculously high price or a ridiculously low price for an equity or a group of equities, and that the average investor would be well-placed to ignore you and seek his own counsel regarding valuations. What do you feel about that?
Mr Market:  Yes, I heard about that. I can’t speak for Mr Graham – he is dead, after all – but I am still going strong. I’ve been doing this for a few centuries now….I mean, back in 1637 when people were pretty much gambling on tulip bulbs, they were trying to pin it on me even back then. It has been ever thus: every time some bubble/bust or other comes along, they say Mr Market is up to his usual crazy tricks again, setting ridiculous prices. I tell you, one of these days I need to get myself a teflon coat.
TGI: But you do appear to be the one setting prices. Are you denying this?
Read more here: